We're pregnant!

pregnant

Funny ticker

pregnancy

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Christmas chaos

I could have blogged over the holidays, but I didn’t. And there’s a pretty good reason why.

Let’s see… so I’m suffering through my all day nausea on the 19th thinking that maybe we should just order supper. So I figure we’ll get Swiss Chalet, they’re pretty good with being able to pre-order form work and then pick it up on the way home. Since we already had to go that direction since the parts to my elliptical trainer came in and needed to be picked up as well. So we get out food (and it was delayed which is not normal for them, if I order for 5 it’s ready for 5). Get home, eat, relax, y’know, nice normal night… right…

So about midnight, I hear C get up and go to the bathroom, and well it doesn’t sound right. I hear him get up again an hour later. Then my stomach starts feeling funny. Lovely. C and I have ended up with food poisoning. M sleeps through the whole of the night’s events with C and I taking turns in the bathroom. Thank goodness for 3 bathrooms in the house. Around 4am it’s getting so bad for me that I’m sitting there on the throne and getting sick and suddenly all I hear/feel is this wooshing sound and bam! I wake up under my bathroom vanity. I fainted? I can’t believe I bloody fainted! So now here I am, laying on the bathroom floor, not sure if I should move, calling out to M to wake him up, cause he slept through that too. Finally getting him up, and getting myself together, M calls capital health to see if I need to go into emerg. Food poisoning + 10 weeks pregnant isn’t a great combo. They said, no I didn’t sound dehydrated, so I could just rest at home and to come in only if I started showing signs of dehydration. Oh and did I mention I bashed my head too? Yeah, lovely “road rash” next to my left eye. So we pulled out the hide-a-bed in the basement and C and I took turns running to the downstairs bathroom all day. Luckily by the evening we were able to sleep and the next day we spent sleeping and eating crackers and drinking Gatorade.

This was not my plans to spend the last few days before the holidays. I had work to do that I had to beg off to other people in the lab, and I felt like a total poop. C made it back to school on the 22nd for his half day before the holidays.

It took a lot longer for me to get back to feeling anywhere near normal with the weakness from the food poisoning, and the nausea. Most of the rest of the holidays were spent on the cough watching tv. I had to nap every afternoon to even be able to function by dinner time. Even Christmas day at my parents I had to lay down. I managed to have a bit of dinner there, but was really happy to get home.

On a good note, had another doc’s appt on the 29th. We heard the baby’s heartbeat for the first time (we’ve just seen it on the ultrasounds). The doc warned us he might not be able to find it as it’s still early, but he did… for a few seconds we listened to the most amazing sound!

New Year’s we did really quietly. P&B came over for a few hours and we ordered pizza and watched X-men 3. Then they took off and C, M and I watched more tv until midnight when C and I collapsed into bed. Thank goodness for napping!

New Year’s day, M’s dad invited/ordered us over for the turkey dinner he didn’t get Christmas day because someone turned off the turkey at noon and no one noticed until 3pm. Managed to eat not too bad there, and wanted ice cream for dessert, so M took me to 7-11 for ice cream, he’s a sweetie.

And well today, I’m back at work.

No comments: