We're pregnant!

pregnant

Funny ticker

pregnancy

Thursday, April 13, 2006

A modicum of good news?

I'm lucky to know what day I'm on anymore. But today I think hopefully started out well. My mom and I got off the elevator on my dad's floor of the hospital to see him walking towards us. Yeah he's got physio equipment everywhere, but he's walking towards us. I get teary just thinking about it.

They've still got him on crap food, porridge, pudding, yogurt etc. We brought him some fruit cocktail from home and he was able to eat the peaches... everything else was still a bit too hard to chew.

He also got into a private room last night so he at least has a window to stare out of, and possibly a tv. Not that he cares much, but it's got to be better than staring at the clock.

They've dropped his oxygen again, and he's managing to stay relatively stable between 92-95 (whatever your saturated o2 measurement units are). Even dropping from 6 to 5 is progress.

I still wish he could be going home soon, but I know even tho the staff for the most part sucks at the hospital, he's where he needs to be. Curious as to what will happen when they transfer him to the Glenrose for rehab.

Checked out the new school for the step-son last night. Wow, St. Albert has money in their school system! Amazing. I'm excited for him, even tho everything else is kind of squishing that excitement into my feet. I'm excited about the house too, but can't motivate myself to do much more than collapse into sleep when I get home right now.

No comments: